Work Report of International Silk Union in Third Quarter of 2019
1. Organizing member units to participate in Vietnam-International Silk and Brocade Culture Festival 2019
From August 8 to 9, International Silk Union(ISU) was invited to organize more than 50 member units’ representative and expert from China, Japan, India, Thailand, Cambodia to participate in the Vietnam-International Silk and Brocade Culture Festival 2019, which was held in Hoi An, Vietnam.
(1) ISU secretary-general Fei Jianming delivered a speech at the opening ceremony of Vietnam-International Silk and Brocade Culture Festival 2019, reviewing the profound cultural heritage of China and Vietnam.
(2) Organized seven ISU member units to display silk products and equipment during the Vietnam-International Silk and Brocade Culture Festival 2019.
(3) Organized ISU member units from six countries to have symposium with leaders of the Quang Nam Provincial People’s Committee and Hoi An City People’s Committee.
(4) Organized five representatives of ISU member units to give a special report on the seminar “Application of Science–Technology in Silk Production and Silk Culture in Modern Life”.
(5) Le Thai Vu, chairman of Hoi An Silk Group, accompanied ISU delegation visited silk industry and world cultural heritage including site of Giao Thuy Silk Reeling Factory, Ma Chau Silk Village, My Son Sanctuary, and Hoi An Old Town, etc.
2. Organizing member units to visit Cambodian silk industry
From August 11 to 12, ISU organized more than 20 member units to investigat the Cambodian silk industry. The delegation visited the Artisans Angkor, SentoSaSilk, Cambodia Garment Training Institute (Textile and Apparel Education Base of Zhejiang Sci-Tech University in Cambodia), and had a symposium with the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries, the Ministry of Agriculture, and Cambodia Silk Sector Promotion and Development Commission(SDC).
(1) Organized the delegation to visit Artisans Angkor in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
(2) Secretary-general Fei Jianming organized Gee Yu Will Lam and Din Yu Well Lam, executive directors of vice chairman unit of High Fashion International Limited to had a symposium with three vice ministers of the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries, and the Ministry of Agriculture, and representatives of Cambodia Silk Sector Promotion and Development Commission(SDC) totally more than 20.
(3) Organized the delegation to visit SentoSaSilk, Cambodia Garment Training Institute (Textile and Apparel Education Base of Zhejiang Sci-Tech University in Cambodia) in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
3. Visiting and reporting ISU member units
(1) On August 2, secretary-general Fei organized three member units of Journal of Silk, Cathaya, Hangzhou Oriental Silk Culture and Brand Research Center to exchange visit with Aurora, the media of World Silk Website, Journal of Silk and Brand Hangzhou released the report on the Aurora and chairman Deng Tao.
(2) On August 21, ISU chairman Li Jilin visited Hangzhou Honghua Digital Technology Stock Co., Ltd., discussed the visit event during the 2019 International Silk Union Members Assembly, built a platform for member units to display the company's brand and technology.
(3) On August 23, in preparation for the 2019 International Silk Union Members Assembly, Chairman Li Jilin went to Zhejiang Sci-Tech University and China National Silk Museum to hold an discussion with vice chairman Chen Wenxing and Zhao Feng.
Exchange with vice chairman Chen Wenxing
Exchange with vice chairman Zhao Feng
4. Establishing communication with relevant industry platforms
(1) on July 4, secretary-general Fei Jianming was invited to made a special report in Ceremony & Forum of the Guangdong Belt & Road Agricultural Science and Technology Education Innovation Alliance, ISU has established communication with the Guangdong Belt & Road Agricultural Science and Technology Education Innovation Alliance.
（2）After the assistance of the China Fashion Association(CFA) to visit Italian Silk Office, on September 5, the CFA invited Secretary-General Fei Jianming to participate in the 2019 China Fashion Conference Global Summit, ISU and CFA have established continuous exchanges and cooperation.
5. Supporting Nanchong City Government to host 2019 Western China Silk Expo
ISU was invited as a support unit of the 2019 Western China Silk Expo to assist the Nanchong City Bureau of Commerce to connect with major silk enterprises and units to participate in Nanchong.
On September 17 to 22, ISU secretary-general Fei Jianming organized two member units--Journal of Silk, Hangzhou Oriental Silk Culture and Brand Research Center to attend the 2019 Western China Silk Expo, the media of World Silk Website and Journal of Silk have in-depth coverage of the series of activities on the Silk Expo.
6. ISU professional committees' work
(1) On September 25, the third meeting of International Silk Union History Culture Professional Committee was held in Kizlovodsk, Russia.
(2) On September 27, the second meeting of International Silk Union Education Research Professional Committee was held in Hangzhou, China. The participating experts discussed the construction of silk research and education from the aspects of training modes of domestic and foreign higher education, modern silk technology innovation and development, core scientific research of silk, international training class, etc.
7. Daily work of ISU secretariat
In the third quarter, ISU secretariat handled a total of 96 emails, including 85 English and 11 Chinese, mainly to publish the second quarter ISU work report to member units, communicate the investigation of the silk industry in Vietnam and Cambodia, release the pre-notification of 2019 International Silk Union Members Assembly, and communicate visit itinerary with member units, etc.
World silk website totally published 131 articles, including 115 Chinese and 16 English. The visits to the website are 7231, in which Chinese version attracts 6111 and English website 1120. We-chat public platform published 114 articles, including 36 original reports. The whole reading amount is 82650, the highest amount of single reading is 8706, subscribers increase 362 to total 7061.
From July to September, ISU secretariat held 4 working meetings to discuss the preparatory plan for 2019 International Silk Union Members Assembly, communicate the investigation of the silk industry in Vietnam and Cambodia, discuss the work of ISU professional committees, implement the planning arrangements for visiting member units, arrange the daily work of secretariat and so on.
International Silk Union Secretariat
November 25, 2019