International Silk Union(ISU) is an international and specialized non-profit organization in the silk industry which is voluntarily constituted by the enterprises and related organizations of all silk manufacturing and consuming countries. The union is to promote communication and cooperation of the silk industry among countries, and promote the progress and development on international silk culture, education, scientific research, design, production, standards and testing, trade and consumption etc. In order to make the union members more representative, extensive and international, the accession conditions are complemented as follows on the base of ISU constitution, article 8 and article 9.
I. Membership Qualification
1. Production-oriented Chinese silk enterprises with an annual output of more than 50 million yuan or trade-oriented Chinese silk enterprises with an annual operating income of more than 100 million yuan;
2. Silk-related associations, enterprises and organizations outside China with certain influence;
3. Silk enterprises and related organizations that have been awarded the title of Intangible Cultural Heritage of the World or Intangible Cultural Heritage of China;
4. Silk enterprises and related organizations with unique products and scarce resources in the silk industry;
5. Influential colleges & universities, research institutes, quality inspection and testing units that are related to silk, etc.;
6. Enterprises and organizations in other fields that are favorable for the development of silk industry and partly representative;
7. Other silk enterprises and organizations that play an important role in supporting and promoting the sustainable development of ISU.
II. Accession Methods
1. Units that meet one of the above conditions shall fill in the Application Form for Accession to ISU voluntarily and submit it to the secretariat;
2. The application for accession shall be examined by the secretariat preliminarily, fully discussed at the working meeting of the secretariat, and sent to the executive members for examination and approval;
3. Issue a formal notice of accession and grant a membership certificate after approval;
4. In principle, the application for accession shall be examined and approved twice a year (slightly adjusted as the case may be).